Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Song

I've noted before in this blog one of my favorite hymns, "Hymn of Promise," by Natalie Sleeth.  That lovely piece of music has been going through my head recently. The beautifully written lyrics tell of nature's spring awakening, reflections about our own endings and beginnings, and the magnificent mysteries that surround us. "Hymn of Promise" seems to be such an appropriate hymn for Easter and for spring, when all is about hope and promise.  I celebrate this Christian holiday today but I also see this day as one to think about my own renewal, my own endings and beginnings, the beauty of nature all around me, and the mysteries that I continue to encounter and embrace.  There is much to celebrate on this special day.  Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.