Saturday, June 23, 2012

Guess I'll Go Eat Worms

Do you remember that children's rhyme that includes the phrase, "Guess I'll go eat worms?"  Recently, I almost had the opportunity to do so!  I thought I'd thoroughly washed the greens I'd bought at the farmer's market. But much to my surprise, as I was pushing my fork around my lunchtime salad, clinging to one of the slivered almonds was a chubby little worm!  Perhaps it was a caterpillar or centipede of some kind, but at that moment, it looked tiny and vulnerable and quite wormlike. So, I carefully lifted the little guy (still clinging to the almond) out of my salad and carried it (and the almond) outside, gently placing them in the grass in the noontime sunshine.  Obviously, I'm not the only one who enjoys a crisp salad of fresh mixed greens on a lovely, sunny summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.