Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Well-Heeled

I've been seeing the most amazing shoes on women lately -- thick-soled, ultra-high-heeled creations in bright colors.  I haven't actually seen any women walking in them but I've seen lots of photographs of women standing or sitting in them.  As I get older, I embrace comfortable shoes -- the kind that I can stand and walk in without feeling as if I'm going to turn an ankle or squish my toes into a permanent point.  As a young woman, I scoffed at the thought of ever reaching that tender age when wearing "sensible shoes" would seem so appealing, but alas, I've reached it (I have to admit that I reached it a while ago).  It's no wonder that podiatrists are treating so many bunions, hammer toes and other foot ailments.  Women, especially, tend to think that it's a good idea to cram our feet into fashionable shoes, yet secretly wishing that we were wearing simple flats. If life's a dance, I'd much rather feel the beat with happy feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.