Friday, June 15, 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot

At this time of year in Wisconsin, the weather is fickle.  One day, we need sweaters and contemplate putting that extra blanket back on the bed.  The next day, the temperatures soar and I'm wondering if it's time to close up all of the windows and succumb to air conditioning.  Recently, we had such a strange, roller coaster spell of weather, beginning with some hot, hot, hot days -- temperatures in the 90s with high humidity.  As sticky as I was, I just couldn't make myself turn on the a.c. and relieve the heat and humidity.  We wait so long to be able to open windows in the northern Midwest that I let myself sweat.  I sat quietly, downed lots of water and let the warm breezes blow in.  I thought about the days as a kid when we didn't have central air.  That's what fans and lemonade were for.  I think we've become kind of soft, not wanting to experience the temperature extremes.  I'm just not ready to give in. Larry, on the other hand, seemed to find our condo's lower level much more interesting.  Granted, his office and the TV room are down there, but he seemed to not want to venture upstairs too often.  Soon, hot weather will come with full force and the air conditioning will feel more like a necessity than a choice. But for now, I'm going to bask in the breeze (even if it's a warm breeze) and be glad that summer's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.