Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Man Larry

Today, Larry and I celebrate our wedding anniversary.  While we've been together for nearly 20 years, today marks our third wedding anniversary (we were very slow to make the commitment plunge!).  Larry is a wonderful man and a loving, supportive husband.  I can't imagine my life without him and I can't imagine how I could've been so lucky as to have attracted such a pleasing lifemate.  My friend Melanie calls him The Sage, for Larry is wise and his advice (when requested; he doesn't just offer his opinions without being asked) is sound.  I go to Larry with all issues and problems, big and small.  He has stood by me during multiple illnesses and was kind beyond measure to my mother, in good health and during her dying process.  Our wedding anniversaries have been strange celebrations.  The first year, I was recovering from a serious illness and I felt lucky just to be celebrating our first anniversary together.  Last year, our second anniversary was spent at the funeral home for the visitation preceding my mother's memorial service.  This year, Larry is on his way home from having been away on business, so he's kind of an absentee participant. Truly, though, our anniversary is but a day.  The real celebration is having Larry in my life 365 days a year.  Happy Anniversary, my dear Larry!  I look forward to many more wonderful years with you.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you were going on your first date with this wonderful man ... congratulations !! ~MJ

    ReplyDelete

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.