Monday, September 10, 2012

Whatcha Reading?

In a recent Facebook post, someone asked what other people had been reading recently.  Many of the respondents listed serious or enlightening books that sounded like interesting reads.  For some courageous reason, I decided to add that I had just finished a P.G. Wodehouse romp because I'd needed the laughs.  As I've said in this blog before, I absolutely love the writings of the late P.G. Wodehouse, particularly his Jeeves and Blandings series where all was hilariously convoluted and light.  I'd been feeling rather heavy and serious of late and decided that one thing that could lighten my emotional load was to read some good ol' Wodehouse and he didn't disappoint.  Often, I discovered I was smiling and even laughing out loud.  Wodehouse could turn a phrase or describe a situation with such hilarious eloquence that I just have to laugh.  Some other more profound book posts followed, along with one that was probably as silly of a book choice as mine had been.  There is always room for serious literature, but for me, there's also always room for a little Wodehouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.