Thursday, March 7, 2013

Endless Winter

I've always loved The Beach Boys.  Having never been a "California Girl" or ridden in a "Little Deuce Coupe," you'd think that I'd have no appreciation for their songs, but the danceable beat has always lured me in.  I've even seen The Beach Boys perform live in concert -- twice.  Recently, I couldn't help but think of The Beach Boys and their album, "Endless Summer," while grousing to a friend about February in Wisconsin and the sense of endless winter.  And I haven't been alone.  The latest storms only made the main topic of conversation the weather and the sincere hope that winter would be over soon.  We Wisconsinites are resilient souls.  While others to our south complain of everything grinding to a halt when three inches of snow fall, we Wisconsinites consider that to be a "light dusting," barely an issue for travel at all.  Despite our resiliency, I think a bit of cabin fever may have set in toward the end of last month, causing us all to crave (if even for a brief time) a bit of endless summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.