Monday, March 11, 2013

Orange Tint

If my skin has an orange tint to it these days, it's because I've been dining on organic, pureed winter squash - every night.  My husband Larry eats just about anything.  He'll gobble down beets, munch on spinach, make an entire dinner out of Brussels sprouts, but offer him squash and he'll politely, but firmly, decline.  So, while Larry's work took him away for a few evenings recently, I made up for lost time by eating pureed winter squash every night for dinner.  You'd think I'd be tired of it after so many consecutive meals, but the gentle, sweet taste still appeals to me.  I added other vegetables to the squash some evenings, some whole wheat pasta to it other evenings, even some walnuts and pecans. No matter how I prepared it, the squash was a delicacy to me.  So, if my rosy glow looks a little Halloweenish these days, you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.