Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fickle

Spring is nearly upon us and the weather continues to be fickle, as it usually is in Wisconsin in March.  In one week, we experienced heavy snow, then warm sun, then rain and fog.  I keep a range of coats in the closet at this time of year, ready to grab whichever one seems to meet the day's needs.  One day, it might be my heaviest, longest coat, along with a hat to pull down over my ears and a thick scarf to keep the winds away from my neck.  The next day, it's a lighter winter jacket.  The hat goes on and off as I get warmer and the scarf doesn't have to be tied quite so tight around my neck.  The following day, I don my raincoat with its zip-in lining and ample hood, just enough to keep me dry from the raindrops.  No matter what, boots and gloves are staples, whatever the weather.  My hands and feet won't know what to do when spring finally arrives and I can put those items away for a few months of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.