Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Picture Perfect

I was so relieved when a good friend revealed to me recently that she rarely watches movies and doesn't even derive great joy from doing so, for I'm rather in the same camp.  If I see one movie per year, it's a big deal, and it's usually what my husband Larry refers to (with a wink and a smile) as "one of those women's movies."  I would much prefer to see live theater or attend a concert than sit through a two- to three-hour movie in a darkened theater in a comfortable seat tilted back just so.  Such an arrangement only invites a nap.  With that confession, it was all the stranger that I would be drawn to watching the Academy Awards recently.  But, I turned on the TV, tuned in to the awards show and watched star after star receive his or her award for the year's greatest acting, etc.  I tend to like watching award shows, even if it's for things I know almost nothing about.  And that particular Sunday evening was no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.