Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Achoo!

It seems that the three words I've been saying the most lately are "God bless you."  Everywhere I go, people are sneezing.  Recent television news programs and newspapers have been reporting on this year's increase in seasonal allergy sufferers, attributing the trend to our early spring.  Itchy eyes and incessant sneezing seem to be in season right now, along with the leafing maples and spring flowers.  I used to suffer from seasonal allergies more severely than I do these days and I attribute some of my relief to flaxseed.  I read a year ago that adding flaxseed to your diet can help relieve inflammation and that inflammation is at the heart of seasonal allergies.  I suddenly realized that, correlation or not, my seasonal allergies had improved dramatically and I had been eating more flaxseed.  So far (knock on wood), I've managed to get through this first phase of allergy season with barely a sneeze. Whether the flaxseed is the reason or not, it's nutritious and tasty, so I'll keep eating it. Meanwhile, I'll keep wishing those around me "God bless you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.