Friday, April 27, 2012

Lilac Loveliness

The French Lilac outside of our kitchen window has been blooming and I just couldn't resist.  I had to make some bouquets and bring them into our home.  Their beautiful purple color and heady fragrance were calling me.  The scent of lilacs takes me back to my childhood.  If I close my eyes and take a whiff, I'm a little girl once again at our home out in the country.  One sight of lilacs makes me recall my mom as a young woman, busy gathering white and purple lilac bouquets for our house.  Her bouquets would be placed in antique pitchers, while mine are in clear canning jars.  Mom's would be artfully arranged while mine appear casually plunked. Mom had that special way of making something exquisite out of the ordinary. She had a knack for decorating.  She brought beauty to every place she lived.  The lovely lilacs are blooming and with them are blooming memories of my lovely mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.