Monday, January 6, 2014

Epiphany

Today is Epiphany, a day celebrated in the Christian tradition when the three kings were to have visited the infant Christ child.  I started out the day singing "We Three Kings" to myself. "O star of wonder, star of light, star with royal beauty bright, westward leading, still proceeding, guide us to thy perfect light."  I also used this day to reflect on the more secular concept of epiphany. Merriam-Webster lists several definitions for epiphany, including "a moment in which you suddenly see or understand something in a new or very clear way" and "an intuitive grasp of reality through something (as an event) usually simple and striking." I am a strong believer in intuition.  I listen to my inner voice for all things and find that it has been "spot on" over and over again.  I have learned through trial and error that it is well worth it for me to listen and heed its wise messages, even when they seem unclear or strange to someone else. More than ever, 2014 will be a year of listening to my inner voice and keeping watch for those epiphanies that are surely to come my way.  Those stars of wonder, stars of light are surely to serve as the guide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.