Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Need a Breather

Winter has been making itself known in Wisconsin lately.  With off-and-on, sub-zero temperatures for lows, we've now been experiencing sub-zero temperatures for highs, as well, creating a dangerous situation.  One bright note is that we've managed to miss the snow that's been circling around us. Someone posted a photograph on Facebook of school buses mired in snow and dripping with icicles so that they were nearly unrecognizable.  I can recall my dad complaining about winter.  Like him, I now find that my bones get cold, my hands dry and my nose runny every time I come in from the outside. Just about now, I'd like to take a one-way trip to somewhere warm and lush and humid where everything is green and in bloom.  However, if I can't have that, I'd at least like us to have a breather from the harsh conditions, if just for a while.  I remind myself that when it's horrendously hot next summer, I won't complain, I won't complain, I won't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.