Sunday, January 12, 2014

Oh, Glorious Day!

Last evening, I had every intention of going to bed at my regular time, but one more little project led to one more to just one more, until my bedtime was much later than normal.  Thus, I allowed myself the luxury of getting up a little later on this Sunday morning. I opened one eye to see the clock and then closed it again, letting my mind slowly wake up with my regular routine of identifying three blessings in my life.  My blessing list was followed by a recollection of my day's to-do list.  I dozed for a few more minutes and then opened my eye again, this time in the direction of the window.  What I saw caused both of my eyes to suddenly open. There, before me was a magnificent rosy eastern sky.  What a glorious day!  I stared at the sight a bit and then let my eyelids grow heavy again.  When I awakened the next time, the eastern sky's rosy hues had given way to subtle gray, but the southern sky was striated with bands of light yellow and puffy clouds.  To the east were bright blue breaks in the gray.   My mother's favorite passage from the Psalms immediately came to mind, "This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it."  How could I not find this to be a good day?  How could I not rejoice in it when my day was welcomed by such a glorious sky?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.