Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mounds of White

The wind whipped around and across the highway, making everything pristine, white and a bit white-knuckled as I drove along.  Instead of being afraid, however, that I'd be blown off of the highway, I quickly became fixated by the mounds of white all around me, on land and in the sky.  It was as if I was tucked into a cloud, with all puffy, white surfaces looking the same, regardless of whether I looked up or down or sideways.  Winter can be inconvenient and even treacherous, but on that little bit of highway at that given moment, winter was enchanting and mysterious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.