Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Full Sense of Fulfillment

I heard a compelling speaker recently, laying out in great detail the rapidly changing environment of the industry in which I work -- health care -- and the need to do business differently in order to survive and thrive.  During his remarks, the keynoter quoted M. Scott Peck:  “The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.”  Although the speaker was talking about an industry, I also heard M. Scott Peck's remarks on a personal level.  Quite recently, I've had exciting opportunities to move way outside of my comfort zone and test the so-called ruts of my life.  For the first time in my life, I will have written a book, complete with my byline on the cover.  I have been given such a great opportunity by my employer and I am deeply grateful for the chance I have been to write, especially about a subject I love.  In this new year, there will certainly be opportunities to search for different ways to do things at work, but I will also look for ways to move outside of my comfort zone and seek truer answers on a personal level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.