Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fresh Air

I'm faithful about exercising indoors between 30 and 60 minutes most days of the week during the winter months, but there is nothing like an outdoor walk to invigorate me.  For as many months of the year as possible, I try to get in an evening walk after work, as well as walks on the weekend.  I love to be outside, to take in deep breaths of fresh air and to see nature in its gloriously constant state of change.  One recent Saturday, during our January thaw, the built-up snow had melted from the streets and the black ice was gone, so I trekked earnestly, moving faster than usual, pumping my arms, breathing in the crisp air, and filled with gratitude for the chance to be outside.  I'm not a skiier and I've never tried show-shoeing.  Walking briskly is my thing, but only when there isn't the risk of slipping and falling.  So, I'm thankful for the recent January thaw, which enabled me the chance to get that precious fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.