Sunday, January 6, 2013

Gut Reaction

I work in an industry that is fact-based.  One of our individual employee competencies is to be able to make decisions based on data and facts.  While I work hard to embrace such a way of doing things, I must admit that I tend to base my decisions on intuition.  I follow my "gut", so to speak, and when I do, it doesn't fail me.  The point was driven home recently when I was called onto the stage at a large-group meeting for work to be part of a "Let it Snow" Contest.  The contest was designed like a game show where the contestants had to answer multiple-choice, winter-theme questions.  Whenever I relied on my intuition, I got the answer right.  If I over-thought the question, I got it wrong.  It was a fun way to remind me that my inner wisdom doesn't fail me, no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Keri ---- I found a picture of you and I think it's your Mom trying out for the Rocketts -- It's the first pic I ran today --- sorry this has little , or even nothing to do with your words ---- just wanted you to see it J.

    ReplyDelete

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.