Thursday, January 10, 2013

Literary Dreamin'

My very good friend, Kitty, has once again astounded me with her abundant talents and generous heart.  On Christmas Eve, she dropped off what she called a "non-Christmas" gift at our door, a beautiful, quilted cover for a composition book she had secreted into its folds.  She had made the composition book cover of the same nature-theme fabric swatches she had used last year to make me a quilt that she called "Literary Dreams."  In careful, beautiful penmanship, Kitty wrote on the composition book cover's quilt squares words such as "Inspiration," "Ideas," and "Notes."  In the upper right-hand corner, she wrote "K.J.O. - Author."  I so appreciate Kitty's encouragement of my literary dreams.  I have a feeling that this year is going to be a Great Writing Adventure and my new composition book will hold many inspirations, ideas and notes, thanks to Kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.