Friday, January 18, 2013

A Little Lighter

That magical time has come, at last:  When I leave work at the end of the day, there is still a thread of light in the sky.  No longer do I walk out the door into blackness.  Light is slowly returning to the evening sky.  One of our local meteorologists reported that we are gaining two minutes per day.  It seems like such a little thing, but it does so much to my attitude to not be plunged into so much darkness.  I must admit that I like the nesting tendencies that come with the early nightfall, but there's also a part of me that's just itching for enough daylight to give me some spring fever.  With each day now, we will see a little more light, then even a little more light, until we find ourselves at the vernal equinox once again.  Praise the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.