Saturday, January 26, 2013

Seeing Red

The other night, the sun went down in a blaze of deep scarlet. Although I had left work a little later than usual, nightfall was just arriving.  On my short drive home, I craned my neck every which way to keep my eye on that magnificent red western horizon.  I even talked aloud to myself on my drive, wishing that everyone could see what I was blessed to see at that moment.  It was the most wonderful way to end a busy work week.  Each evening, especially if the day's been stressful, all I need to do is look at the beautiful, expansive sky to be reminded that my troubles are small in this vast universe and that they will pass soon.  On that special evening, seeing red was a very, very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.