Saturday, February 9, 2013

Criss-crossed Tracks

When the moon shines brightly on the snow, I like to look out of our bedroom window into our backyard and view all of the animal tracks that criss cross the yard between the big spruce tree and the row of arbor vitae.  How many little animals, I wonder, are finding shelter under those evergreens, burrowing in to stay warm and out of the elements?  Some are tiny tracks made by little feet, while others are bigger and heavier.  When much of our snow melted away in January, I lost sight of those criss-crossed tracks and I missed my evening gazing at them.  If I understood correctly that December and February are the snowiest months of the year in Wisconsin, we'll likely have more snow cover soon and more tracks for me to spy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.