Monday, February 4, 2013

SNL

While waiting for my husband Larry to get home late one recent and very windy evening, I attempted to stay awake in the chair.  Despite my best efforts, I kept falling asleep, regardless of what was on TV or which of the five books by my chair I tried to read through heavy eyelids.  I knew that I'd doze, but I couldn't go to bed and fall into deep sleep until I knew Larry had blown home safely amid the gusts.  I had to laugh.  Although I've never been a mom, I felt like one that evening, desperately trying to stay awake until my loved one had arrived home.  My mom used to do the same thing when I was a college-age teen.  That's how Mom discovered Saturday Night Live.  The show was new at the time and it was truly a departure from anything my parents had seen before on TV.  Mom got hooked on SNL, enjoying the crazy skits and fake commercials, while watching the clock to make sure I blew home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.