Wednesday, February 6, 2013

In God's Time

I really need more patience and I need it right now.  Whoops -- I guess that's not exercising patience very well.  It seems that everywhere I read lately, there are reminders to exercise patience, the latest of which was featured in our church bulletin:  "Everything happens in God's time, not ours."  As a child, I was always living in a state of self-imposed urgency.  Everything was important and it was important right now.  As I've gotten older, age and a few bumps in life's road have given me a tad more wisdom and even patience.  But, this year, I am working to heed the words of our church bulletin even more. I'm striving to remember always that I may have wishes, desires and plans, but there are times when I need to let go, be patient and allow plans to unfold, perhaps in much more desirable ways than I could have imagined for myself.  Whenever I feel impatient these days, I recall those three powerful words:  "In God's Time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.