Friday, February 1, 2013

Superbly Lit

We're now into February and I can't see any Christmas lights anymore.  Some happy souls in our community kept up their Christmas trees and outdoor Christmas lights through most of January.  I'd drive by those homes just to make me smile.  At our hospital where I work, I'm in charge of the healing garden, which is brightly lit for Christmas from early December all the way through January.  With the change to a new month, we've turned off the fairyland blue and white light display.  As in previous years, some of my hospital colleagues lamented the return to a dark garden, for the lights provided a cheery welcome and farewell to employees working their shifts around the clock.  But, now that February is here, we're looking beyond the short month to the return of Mother Nature's light and the promise of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.