Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dreamin'

An insightful and thoughtful friend recently gave me a slim journal with a beautiful cover filled with inspirational messages and a magnetic closure on which was embossed the word "Dream."  Deb knows that I love to write and she suggested that this journal could be a place in which to gather my inspiration for my writing.  In addition to Deb's journal, a note card sits on my home office desk, featuring an intricate black and white sketch by Julie Sutter Blair of an amaryllis bulb "dreaming" of what it is destined to be. In another place of honor on my desk is a birthday card I received from my late mother, featuring a lush, green natural scene and the words, "In your heart, keep a safe and secret spot where dreams my go."  All of these items, along with other treasures, have been placed on my desk at home to encourage creativity and to focus my energies on those things that will direct me on the spiritual and tangible paths I am meant to follow.  It's so easy to become distracted, but these lovely items keep me energized, focused and at one with my authentic self.  I believe it is crucial that we dream, for it is out of our dreams that wonderful, new things are born.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.