Sunday, January 26, 2014

Following Your Call

Last Sunday, our pastor spoke about following your call.  Using the Swiss Army Knife as metaphor, she spoke about the need to listen to the call and to heed it, even when it doesn't follow what we had intended or planned for our lives.  Her words made me think of the twists and turns that have come into my life and how often I thought I knew where the path was taking me, only to find that it wasn't where I was supposed to be at all. Such a call may not be about a career path, choice of life partner or city in which to live.  It might be as simple (and sometimes, difficult) as being a source of love and light for others, bringing words of hope to the lives of others during ordinary and extraordinary days.  The more I stop what I'm doing, quiet my mind and listen deeply, the more I hear the true words for my calling.  Then, and only then, do I know the path to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.