Friday, January 10, 2014

Twinkle

I love Christmas lights, even when it's well after Christmas.  During this cold and dark time of the year, it warms me in every way to still see Christmas lights aglow in our community.  I'm just not ready for them to be extinguished yet.  When it's as cold as it's been recently and is still dark much of the time, Christmas lights uplift my spirits and bring me cheer.  I'm OK with letting out the air of the inflatable reindeer and removing the plastic Santas from rooftops, but I'd just like to see the Christmas lights in place and turned on for a little longer.  As a result, our indoor Christmas lights are staying lit through this month.  We have a large basket in our living room brimming with multi-colored ornaments interspersed with a string of colorful lights.  Although this little display has been in place for over a month now, I continue to feel content when I turn off the living room lights, save for that brightly lit basket.  Ah!  Comfort and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.