Friday, August 10, 2012

Chew on That

My friend Kitty showed me a great catalog from The Vermont Country Store.  They feature just about everything in that catalog, including chewing gum.  Seeing the listing for Beemans Chewing Gum (invented in 1898, it said!) and Clove Chewing Gum (popular since Prohibition, according to the catalog) made me think of my dad.  He wasn't a big gum chewer, but he'd occasionally have a packet of Beemans or Clove gum in his car.  As a kid, having a stick of Beemans or Clove gum with my dad was a treat.  I was so happy that Kitty showed me her Vermont Country Store catalog to take me back to some very happy chewing gum memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.