Sunday, August 5, 2012

Shimmering Waters

It had been a busy day at work and all I could think at the end of the day was "shimmering waters."  If I didn't get out to Devil's Lake to breathe in the fresh air, get some exercise and see those amazing shimmering waters, I told Larry that I would perish!  So, we drove out to the park and began our evening walk.  At first, my head was still busy replaying all of the things I had done throughout the day and planning for the next workday.  Then, as my thoughts began to quiet down, I became aware of the details around me:  the children's splashing and laughter, the red kayak in the distance, the birds singing their early evening song, the vegetation that was perking up after a much-needed rain, the smell of food from a nearby picnic, and those amazing, life-giving, shimmering waters.  I believe we all need a special place in nature that stills us and nurtures our being.  For me, that place is Devils' Lake State Park and those beautiful shimmering waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.