Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Memory Lane

I have been given the assignment of writing a commemorative book about my workplace.  Consequently, I have been combing archives, reading yellowed newspaper clippings, browsing through photos, and reminiscing - a lot of reminiscing.  Although my work is very different from my late mother's, our careers have managed to travel down similar paths of late.  My work is in the same industry, the same community, the same organization as hers was.  Therefore, my research is proving to be a personal journey, recalling the wonderful people and momentous occasions that not only have touched my life, but touched my mom's, as well.  I'm grateful to have been afforded this opportunity to walk down memory lane, reconnecting with the people, places and occasions that make it a very special story to me.

1 comment:

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.