Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Serenade

My husband Larry works out of our home.  Oftentimes, when I come home for lunch or at the end of the workday, Larry is at his laptop, still busy working away.  Larry is self-employed and his workday quite often stretches into the evening.  But occasionally, as I walk in the door, I hear the mellow sounds of a flute.  Larry keeps a music stand in his office and his flute at the ready for those times when he needs to take a break from his labors.  Larry tends to be a shy performer, but this audience of one really loves his music, even if the serenade might only be composed of musical scales.  I believe we all need to have those things that help us break away from our everyday lives, things that feed our souls, things that stretch our beings.  I believe playing the flute is one way for Larry to refresh and nourish his spirit.  And I'm grateful that I get to have mine refreshed and nourished, too, by the gift of his lovely music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.