Saturday, August 4, 2012

Swingin' to the Beat

From a little girl on, I always seemed to like music that was geared toward adults.  Perhaps it's because my parents enjoyed listening to LPs on our stereo so much.  Their music became my music. While dining out recently, the talented pianist who plays at The Farm Kitchen restaurant on Friday evenings started playing "A Swingin' Safari."  Immediately, I was a little girl again, listening to "A Swingin' Safari" and other records with my parents.  I still have a couple of photographs that my mom took of Dad and me with our then-new stereo. Thanks to that stereo, I was exposed to the great music of Herb Alpert, Bert Kaempfert, the Ray Conniff Singers, Andy Williams, Eddie Arnold, and oh, so many Firestone Christmas albums.  I'm happy to hear that turntables and LP records are making a comeback.  And I'm even happier that "A Swingin' Safari" is still being played.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.