Thursday, August 30, 2012

Stoned

I learned a few months ago that for the first time in my life, I had kidney stones -- multiple small stones in just one kidney.  I passed one of the stones during the late winter and had the opportunity to pass another one a few weeks ago.  Although I wouldn't rank it as one of my favorite things to do, it wasn't nearly the ordeal that I had heard about, so I was thankful.  The real blessing in the midst of it all is that I have become much more aware of how much water I drink each day and have upped my quota considerably from what I used to drink.  When one considers how much of our bodies are made of water and how much water we need to nourish ourselves, it's amazing my kidneys hadn't been "stoned," so to speak, before now.  Water is a precious commodity around the globe and, thanks to my kidney stones, I finally recognize how precious it is to my well-being, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.