Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Cup Runneth Over

My forever friend Pam recently described her sister and herself in clever detail as different types of coffee. Her writing made me think of how I might describe the precious female friends (who feel like sisters) in my life.  I decided that one of my friends is chamomile tea with honey in a beautiful pottery mug. Another friend is a soothing serving of warm milk in a lovely floral china cup with matching saucer.  One of my other friends is a fun and frosty mug of root beer.  Yet another friend is a tall, cool and refreshing glass of water with a wedge of lemon or lime in it.  And another friend is a strong cup of coffee, straightforward, likely served in a recyclable paper cup.  No matter how I describe these lovely "sisters," I'm blessed they are my friends.  Because of them, my cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.