Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Swingin' and Twirlin'

Has your inner child ever gotten the best of you, challenging you to get on a swing or twirl around on a merry-go-round?  Mine came precariously close recently when Larry and I visited a quiet little, local park. There, we found the types of old-fashioned playground equipment that I recall from my elementary school days so long ago.  The swing set featured two swings with sling-style seats.  I used to love to swing -- not too high, but high enough to feel as if I was soaring.  The merry-go-round was made of wood with a cone-like structure in the middle that brave kids always climbed on while the merry-go-round twirled.  As a little girl, I loved to ride the merry-go-round on our school playground.  I can still remember the sensation of climbing over the wooden board seat, grasping the metal bar in front of me, then using my feet to scoot around as fast as possible with my little playmates.  Finally, we'd gain enough speed that we could raise our feet and hang on for the ride.  I can almost still hear our little-girl squeals of joy.  What fun to recall those carefree days when swinging and twirling were absolutely thrilling experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.