Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saying Goodbye

I've never been very good at saying goodbye.  The act of separating from someone (and sometimes, something) can be very painful for me.  Recently, I saw a sign that read, "Say goodbye to the past."  I gasped as I read it because that's a huge challenge for me.  If I say goodbye to the past, I fear that I'll forget the wonderful people and experiences in my life and I don't want to forget them.  But the truth is, saying goodbye to the past is simply a letting go, which can be done while honoring our yesterdays and still living for today.  After all, the present is filled with too many gifts for us to ignore them.  So, with a grateful heart, I am making the transition to remembering the past and the many unforgettable experiences and loving people who have shaped me into the person I am today.  At the same time, I'm gently saying goodbye to it, realizing that today, this very moment, is all I really need.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Keri, I hope you don't give up on your wonderful reminisces because they are so warm and delightful. Unlike those people who fixate on the past and cannot let go, you remind us of how past experiences make us appreciate our life today. Thanks wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.