Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Summer's Final Stretch

Summer's in its final stretch.  By the end of the week, it'll be fall -- already.  The other night, I watched the setting sun, a bright orange ball setting into the western horizon, and I realized it wasn't even 7:30 p.m. yet.  Evening comes sooner these days.  Sundown gives way to cooler nights.  Days start later, too.  I glanced at the clock yesterday morning, thinking it must still be the middle of the night, only to see that it was about 5:30 a.m. and it was still dark out.  It's inevitable that the seasons will change.  One solstice will lead to an equinox to another solstice and so forth.  But, I always hesitate to let go of summer.  Alas, I should take a cue from the weather by chilling out and celebrating the day and the season, the bounty at the farmer's market, the dew on the grass.  I'll celebrate summer's final stretch all the way to the first day of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.