Wednesday, September 5, 2012

So Bright I Need Shades

While watching the closing ceremonies of the 2012 London Summer Olympics, Monty Python's Flying Circus star Eric Idle had the crowd singing along as he belted out, "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life."  And what a great song to make as my personal theme song!  Too often, I get caught up in the negative, the worrisome, the dark and the fearful.  But, then, I hear Eric Idle singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life," and I can't help but see things from a sunnier point of view!  And isn't that what living with a grateful heart is all about -- looking for the good, seeing the good and embracing the good?  It doesn't mean that one should deny or look the other way when something bad happens.  I think it means that you should speak the truth, show anger appropriately and do something to make things better if need be.  But, all the while, if you look on the bright side of life, I believe you will help cultivate it for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.