Friday, September 7, 2012

Purpose Search

Perhaps it's a 50-something sort of thing, but I've had some amazing encounters with men and women in my age group recently who are searching for purpose and pursuing their passions.  I attribute my own search for purpose and pursuit of passions to the realization that I now have a fair amount of time behind me through which to look backward, along with a knowledge that over one-half of my life is likely over and wondering what I want to do with that precious remaining part.  One person I know is pursuing photography with gusto, taking classes in order to perfect craft, while also exploring other aspects of creativity by composing poetry.  Another person is quilting in earnest, making elaborate, beautiful and meaningful quilts and decorative, quilted items to give as special, personalized gifts.  Yet another person is returning to painting, using the brush to create a glorious image of the world.  Me? I can't seem to get enough of writing -- writing this blog, reminiscences, articles and other people's stories.  We always hear that life is so short, yet we often don't take the time to examine our purpose and pursue our passion.  I'm grateful to these wonderful people who shared the details of their own personal searches with me.  Their journey helps to validate my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.