Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pestomaniac

As I noted a few weeks ago, I finally succumbed to the big purchase of a food processor this summer after years of contemplating it.  Since the processor has been in our kitchen cupboard, I've been using it weekly.  My favorite processed concoction is basil pesto.  I can't seem to get enough of the stuff.  With the help of my good friend Kitty, we always have enough basil and garlic.  Add a little oil, some grated parmesan and a handful of pine nuts, and you've got a whale of a good pesto.  I guess you could call me a pestomaniac.  Larry's not real crazy about the smell of basil, but he loves the taste of pesto.  I, on the other hand, think that basil ranks right up there with the scent of a fresh Christmas tree.  I just sniff and smile, sniff and smile, and sniff and smile.  I've found some other recipes for pesto that use a variety of herbs, so that will likely be one of my next experiments.  If ever I was glad to have finally bought something (because you know me from my previous blog posts, I don't like to burden my life with caring for "stuff"), it is that food processor.  Thanks to it, I can now add "pestomaniac" to my resume!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.