Saturday, October 6, 2012

Crow Chatter

My head has a way of cawing at me, just as crows cut through the peace and quiet at Devil's Lake State Park one recent evening.  Their cries were jagged and piercing, similar to how I visualize my thoughts and head-chattering slicing jagged streaks through my still center.  I will routinely begin my evening walks with my loud head-chatter cutting through the moments.  Then, almost miraculously with each step, my mind starts to quiet down and it clears.  Soon, I'm settled into my walk, turning it into a moving meditation, keenly aware of my surroundings and at peace with all that is.  It's almost as if I need to clear the crows from my head in order to hear that bigger voice that admonishes me to slow my over-busy thoughts, replenish my spirit and renew my energy.  The crows and their cawing may try to flood my head, but truly being in the moment -- quietly and intentionally -- gives me back my still center.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.