Thursday, October 4, 2012

On the Move

There have been several times on my evening walks lately when I've heard Canada Geese in the distance and then soon saw them flying overhead in their characteristic V.  One recent Sunday evening, they flew over me, heading east.  I was heading east, too.  I felt as if I was on the move with them.  Just as I lowered my eyes from the eastern sky, I nearly came face to face with three other beings on the move -- three white-tailed deer crossing my path.  We all stopped and looked rather startled at each other.  Then, the other three swiftly moved northward, their white tails bobbing as they romped away.  I kept traveling east toward home.  We are all really travelers in this life, aren't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.