Monday, October 29, 2012

Swish Swish

When Larry and I were out walking in our neighborhood one recent evening, we both turned into kids for just a bit.  As we approached block after block of crisp, fallen leaves on the sidewalks, we just had to walk through them, our feet making a swish-swish sound as we did so.  Hearing that familiar fall sound took me back to when I was five years old.  I would walk from my elementary school to my grandparents' house where Mom and I were staying for the fall until we could join my dad whose work caused him to have to travel nine months of the year.  I loved the sound of fall leaves back then and I love it to this day.  Ah, the sights -- and the sounds -- of autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.