Saturday, October 27, 2012

Dirigible

As I returned to the office after lunch on one of our recent balmy afternoons, I lingered outside a moment, strolling through the garden outside of our hospital.  As I looked up, admiring the vivid, sun-soaked colors of the surrounding trees, I saw something I hadn't seen before -- a dirigible floating by.  I had to strain as I looked into the sun, shading my eyes with my hand, but I eventually was able to read the name of the national insurance company emblazoned on the side of it, a company often advertised on television.  I stood still for a moment, On one of our recent balmy afternoons watching the dirigible float across the sky, wondering what it would be like to be up there, taking in the spectacular countryside all decked out in its autumn best.  Despite my busyness, for the remainder of the afternoon, my thoughts periodically floated along, just like the dirigible, celebrating the lovely fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.