Wednesday, October 17, 2012

If Not Now, When?

I had the pleasure of hearing a speaker recently who not only motivated his audience, he inspired them to think about their lives and to do something tangible that will make a difference.  John O'Leary suffered burns over his entire body as a child, was not expected to live, yet not only lives, he thrives.  Today, the happily married father of four from St. Louis shares his message of courage, patience and joy with audiences who walk away completely awestruck and ready to take on the world with gusto and gratitude.  One of John's questions of the audience was "What more can I do?"   The question was not asked out of hopelessness or exhaustion, but of hope and creativity.  I would add, "If not now, when?"  How am I being called to serve, to use my passions and talents in service to others?  And when I hear the call, will I respond right now?  For if not now, when? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.