Thursday, November 15, 2012

First Snow

We had our first snowfall of the season a few days ago.  It was one of those rare days when I needed to be on the road for my job.  There was no danger on the roadway that day, so I was able to simply enjoy the beauty of the big, fat white flakes falling gently around me.  The snow stuck on some road signs and tried to linger on the grass here and there, but for the most part, the snow landed and disappeared.  It's funny how the first snowfall brings me such joy. I see it and have visions of being tucked in with a good book or sticking my tongue out to catch flakes as I take a weekend walk.  Fast forward to March and my disgust will have grown with each flake as I try to hurry spring along.  By then, I'm tired of wearing heavy coats, dragging my boots along and hoping not to lose a glove.  I've become bored with winter's chill and long for days of sandals and t-shirts.  For now, however, that first snowfall brought about a contentment that the seasons are changing and that a quieter time is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.