Monday, November 26, 2012

Singing

The landscape is quieter at this time of year than a few months ago, but there is still plenty of singing to go around.  Just recently, I heard chickadees in conversation, making the characteristic call from which they get their name.  That lovely sound was a joyful noise to cut through the other sounds of my day.  There is much to sing about every day, but as we approach Christmas, it seems that music becomes even more important to me.  I love the music of Christmas, whether secular or sacred.  Give me a good dose of "Caroling, Caroling" along with "Angels We Have Heard on High," and, for me, all is "Joy to the World."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.