Sunday, November 4, 2012

Plunged

We are once again plunged into darkness.  Today marked the official end of Daylight Savings Time for this year.  I now will wake up in darkness and come home from work in darkness.  Although daylight has been shrinking for the past few months, as always, this day comes as a surprise to me.  I can see why the early native peoples watched the moon and the sun and celebrated the Winter Solstice, grateful for the return of light.  Till this year's Winter Solstice takes place next month, I will hunker down in my own hibernating state.  There'll be soup to make, books to read and activities planned to prevent cabin fever.  Although I'd much prefer the light, now's the time to embrace the darkness and the slowing down that nature invites us all to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.